Wednesday, May 27, 2009

May 27, 2009











CAILIN FRANCES HERGENRADER
BORN MAY 21, 2009 at 7:38 pm
8 lbs 7 oz 20 inches long

She is absolutely the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my entire life. She is healthy. Had a bit of jaundice, but it is working its wayout of her now that she is getting breast milk...finally. She ended up losing 10% of her birth weigh in a matter of a couple of days, but she is now gaining it back.
I had to have a c-section because my labor wasn't progressing and the doctor didn't feel comfortable with it. Getting that news devastated me. Of course, I wanted to do whatever needed to be done to keep Cailin safe, but a c-section was just never an option for me. I won't go on too much about it, but I'm still having a tough time with it. Luckily I have a beautiful baby to cuddle and love to get me through it.
Nick has been fabulous. He's taking care of me and Cailin whenever I can't. I think he may be more enamored with her than I am, which I didn't think could happen. He had a tough time watching me go through the surgery. He hates seeing me in pain, plus he knew how upset it made me. But he has been so great. He's a great dad and is so stinking proud of his little girl that I didn't complain when he went and bought 25 "It's a Girl" cigars...at $2 a pop! If you had seen how he disappointed he was when we found out we were having a girl and not a boy, you wouldn't have complained either :). I've just never seen such a proud daddy.




No comments: